6. We believe in partaking of the Lord’s Supper as commanded by Christ. We partake on the first day of the week (Sunday), every week, following the example of the early church.
When we drink of the cup we remember the new life we enjoy through the resurrection life of Jesus Christ. This is a good time to reflect upon our own lives and ask “is their anything I need to ask for forgiveness?”. This is also good time to quietly give thanks to God for the fact that you are a new person.
1 Corinthians 11:23-25
1. We believe in one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe God is the Creator of man and of all things.
3. We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son and the Savior of the world.
4. We believe that man, created by God, willfully sinned, and as a result, is lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ.
1 John 1:7
5. We believe the Bible teaches that to receive Jesus as Savior is to believe in Christ as God’s Son and Savior of the world, to repent of personal sin, to confess Christ as Lord, and to be immersed in baptism.
Belief in God and Jesus is essential to faith
Sin in our lives caused the problem to start with, and we must leave a life of practicing sin behind us to live a life of godliness.
Luke 13:3 – Unless we repent we will perish
Titus 2:11-12 – God’s grace instructs us to change
Acts 2:38 – Peter’s instruction when men asked what they need to do to be saved was to repent
Acts 17:31-32 – Judgment is a motivator for repentance
1 John 1:5-10 – We cannot have a relationship with God while we live sinful lives.
God’s word instructs us to make our belief that Jesus is the Son of God and that He is Lord.
God’s word instructs those who want salvation in Jesus to be baptized. Baptism means an immersion, where the entire body is dipped under water.
Mark 16:16 – Belief and baptism precede salvation
Matthew 28:18-19 – Puts an individual in the possession of the Holy Trinity
John 3:3-5 – Baptism necessary for entering the kingdom of God (the church)
Acts 2:38 – Done in conjunction with repentance for the forgiveness of sin
Acts 22:16 – Washes away sin o Romans 6:3-5 –Burial into Christ’s death
1 Corinthians 12:13 – Puts one into the one body
Galatians 3:26-27 –Clothed with Christ at baptism
Colossians 2:12 – Done in faith in the work of God
1 Peter 3:21 – Saves through an appeal to God for a clean conscience